144. First Church and Meetinghouse
Located on the east side of US 3, just north of
the Pembroke Street Cemetery, Pembroke, NH


"Site of the First Meetinghouse built on The Suncook Grant. Built in 1733, it was moved, rebuilt and enlarged several times. Its timbers were finally used in the red barn northwest of the site. The Christian community it nurtured still exits and flourishes as the First Congregational Church of Pembroke, United Church of Christ. "

erected 1982


Red barn northwest of site


Stalking New Hampshire's Historical Markers
Historical Markers of the Seacoast Region



All text and images on this website (c)2001/2002 Mary Lizie and Robert Marville

12/30/2001