130. Town Meeting House
located at the junction of NH136 and NH31 in Greenfield, NH

"The oldest original meeting house in New Hampshire serving both church and state. The frame, built from local timber by resident Hugh Gregg, was raised by one hundred volunteers from the village and surrounding towns on September 16, 1795. This fine old structure has served the people of Greenfield continuously since that time as a gathering place for them to worship their God, to legislate their town's civil affairs and to enjoy the good company of their neighbors."

erected 1979


Stalking New Hampshire's Historical Markers
Historical Markers of the Monadnock Region



All text and images on this website (c)2002 Mary Lizie and Robert Marville

Revised 1/31/2002