125. The Pierce Manse
Located at the corner of North State Street (US 3) and Penacook
Street in the northern end of downtown Concord, NH


"One tenth of a mile east of here stands the only house in Concord owned (1842-1848) by Franklin Pierce, 14th President of the United States. Removed to this site in 1971 from Montgomery Street, it was restored by The Pierce Brigade. Opened to the public in 1974, it is now an important tourist attraction."

erected 1978 in cooperation with the City of Concord


The Pierce Manse


Stalking New Hampshire's Historical Markers
Historical Markers of the Merrimack Valley Region



All text and images on this website (c)2001 Mary Lizie/Robert Marville

Revised 12/30/2001