68. Toll House and Toll Gate
located on the north side of NH124, about .3 mile east
of the Jaffrey-Sharon town line in Sharon, NH


"A Toll House and Toll Gate stood on this site from 1803 to 1822. For many years droves of cattle passed along this 3rd New Hampshire Turnpike (Incorporated in 1799) four rods wide running from Walpole through Keene and Sharon toward Boston to the Massachusetts line."

erected 1970


Stalking New Hampshire's Historical Markers
Historical Markers of the Monadnock Region



All text and images on this website (c)2002 Mary Lizie and Robert Marville

Revised 1/5/2002