56. Rogers Rangers
located on the west side of NH10, about 2 miles
south of Woodsville village in Haverhill, NH


"This rivers' junction two miles north was rendezvous for Rogers Rangers after their destruction of St. Francis, Que., October 4, 1759. Pursuing Indians and starvation had plagued their retreat and more tragedy awaited here. The expected rescue party bringing food had come and gone. Many Rangers perished and early settlers found their bones along these intervales."

erected 1968

Stalking New Hampshire's Historical Markers
Historical Markers of the White Mountains Region

Related Links:
Rogers Rangers
Captain James Rogers Company of Rogers' Rangers
A "Plan of Discipline" from the Journals of Major Robert Rogers



All text and images on this website (c)2002 Mary Lizie and Robert Marville

Revised 1/22/2002