12. Temple Glass Factory
located on the east side of NH 123 in Sharon village, Sharon, NH

"Was located at a secluded site in the southwest portion of Temple township. Founded in 1780 by Robert Hewes who employed Hessian mercenaries from the British Army trained in the art of glassblowing. This early attempt to manufacture bottles and crude window-glass was beginning of glass-making in New Hampshire."

erected 1963

Stalking New Hampshire's Historical Markers
Historical Markers of the Monadnock Region




All text and images on this website (c)2002 Mary Lizie and Robert Marville

1/13/2002